Drum roll please...
Without further ado, Popcorn Time Version 0.3.3 is here!
After a very long wait (which we apologise for) you can now finally get the latest version of Popcorn Time hot off our site, https://popcorntime.io/
! With it comes a plethora of new features, some of which are outlined below. We have already started work on version 0.3.4 with new features like Subtitles support for Chromecast and many others! We hope to have that out sooner rather than later. Thanks for your continued support and belief in the Popcorn Time project. A follow up blog post will be posted shortly. Now go and enjoy your Movies and some Popcorn!
- This release ships with a huge internal code clean up that forced us to break former Databases compatibilities, so you most probably will have to reset your DataBase on install. sorry, we'll be better next time.
- We will not support auto-update for this release, sorry, we'll be better next time.
- Move to self-hosted repo, you can now find us at http://git.popcorntime.io/
- Use FontAwesome instead of PNG's: nicer, sharper icons across the UI
- Get rid of white flash at startup.
- Rethink Settings: much cleaner layout, separated in advanced.
- Themes: we give you 3 new themes to check out, and soon you'll be able to submit your own.
- New settings:
- Always on Top option
- Start page option
- Rating on covers
- Fade or Hide watched items
- Multiple UI improvements
- Resize covers on-the-fly, Try pressing Ctrl+ and Ctrl- in the cover view!
- [TV] Open directly next unseen episode
- Built-in help section
- External Media Players:
- and many more!
- Trakt.tv synchronisation: Trakt will now remember your favs for you! Thanks Trakt.tv for being so awesome!