Approaching the Unknown- Junio 3 (The Martian con drama)

Responder
    So tired! Avatar de Ikari-
    Registración
    Oct 2004

Approaching the Unknown- Junio 3 (The Martian con drama)

Captain William D. Stanaforth (Mark Strong) is on a one-way solo mission, taking humanity’s first steps toward colonizing Mars. Although the entire world is watching him, he is completely alone in a dark and distant sea of stars. Stanaforth rockets bravely through space facing insurmountable odds, but as the journey takes a toll on his life-sustaining systems, he is forced to make impossible choices that threaten his sanity, mission and very existence.

Para los que se quedaron con la ganas de drama en The Martian, aparece esta nueva pelí para tratar directamente el drama de un serhumano perdido en la soledad total.

The Martian me gustó, pero también dejó algo que desear cuando el tipo resuelve todo a lo Mac Gywer.

Esta peli espero que sea todo lo que The Martian no fue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year, director 20th Century Fox and Ridley Scott found plenty of success and critical acclaim with their sci-fi survival drama The Martian. The film ended up landing a Best Picture nomination as well as a Best Actor nod for Matt Damon. Now a little more drama is coming to the red planet with Approaching the Unknown, a new sci-fi thriller that sends Mark Strong (Sherlock Holmes, Kick-Ass) on a one-man, one-way mission to Mars. In the trailer, he says he’s going to Mars to live, but he might also be going there to chill until the bad taste from The Brothers Grimsby has washed away.

Watch the Approaching the Unknown trailer after the jump.

While The Martian was a pretty broad sci-fi flick, thoroughly entertaining and easily accessible to general audiences, this one looks to be a little more low key, opting for a tone and style more along the lines of Duncan Jones’ stellar Moon. Plus, unlike The Martian, this film primarily takes place on the ship that’s taking Strong to Mars. The journey is supposed to last 270 days, but it appears something may go wrong, taking Strong off course and potentially leaving him stranded in deep space.

This looks like it could be a solid sci-fi thriller, but at the same time, Luke Wilson isn’t doing the movie any favors. He sounds like he’s completely phoning in his performance, especially that last line he has in the trailer, and not just because his role is mission control on Earth. The rest of the cast includes Sanaa Lathan, Charles Baker and Anders Danielson Lie.

Approaching the Unknown comes from first time writer and director Mark Elijah Rosenberg, the winner of 2014’s Sundance Institute-NHK award. The honor is intended to help and support international talents in filmmaking, previously going to the likes of Beasts of the Southern Wild director Benh Zeitlin and Nine Lives helmer Rodrigo Garcia, so hopefully this turns out to be the start of a promising career behind the camera for Rosenberg. We’ll find out this summer.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "Y, a pesar del odio y la aversión a la guerra, no quisiera verme privado del recuerdo de aquellos primeros días durante el resto de mi vida: miles, cientos de miles de hombres sentían como nunca lo que más les hubiera valido sentir en tiempos de paz: que eran parte de un todo"

Stefan Zweig

2. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 246
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite
    Registración
    Sep 2014

Re: Approaching the Unknown- Junio 3 (The Martian con drama)

mark strong es igual a andy garcia o me parece?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Get on my Horse!! Avatar de SalvorHardin
    Registración
    Mar 2009

Pero para eso tenemos moon (?)

Enviado desde mi XT1063 usando Tapatalk 2
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "Se cagan en el team, le mean encima, y arriba se comen un asado"

The Chief...

Carpe Diem Avatar de KeVs.
    Registración
    Oct 2008

Aguante The Martian, topus.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Citar Mensaje original enviado por Musician Ver Mensaje
    Yo se la puse a zetsu y el a mi.

Sith Master Avatar de RevanSM
    Registración
    Jun 2006

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Plisken Ver Mensaje
    mark strong es igual a andy garcia o me parece?
    Sisi siempre lo dije... Un groso Mark... Aunque mucho el trailer no me gusto... Igual la voy a ver...

• Me gusta
    Me gusta
    ~> Peace is a Lie... There is Only Passion! <~

C64
    Registración
    Dec 2000

Aguante macgyver en marte.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "..Los dos grupos son equivalentes y compararía con una cuerda de cáñamo al grupo norteamericano, y con una de seda al europeo, manifesté que si las dos cuerdas, ruda la una, suave la otra, han de servir para ahorcarnos, me parecería más inteligente renunciar a ambas.." Enrique Mosconi.

Top User 2012 Avatar de Spon
    Registración
    Aug 2002

macguiver marciano un grosos!
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    --==##OSponO##==--

Registración
    Apr 2001

Aguante mcgwiver marciano.

Enviado desde mi móvil vía 3DG App.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "Encontró el esforzado otro más fuerte.
    Y cabalmente esto fue lo que entonces pasó a Aníbal." Polibio de Megalópolis

Registración
    Sep 2007

coincido con todos, the martian fue genial!!
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

11. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 246
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite
Responder