The Dark Tower (Stephen King) 13 de Enero 2017

Responder
Ir a PrimeroPrimero 12345 ÚltimaÚltima
    Registración
    Aug 2007

Re: The Dark Tower (Stephen King) 13 de Enero 2017

Idris Elba es buen actor. No me molesta tanto el tema de las razas. Mientras le ponga a Roland la intensidad que necesita no creo que exista problema.

Sobre los demás personajes. Creo que esta pelicula va a adaptar el primer libro ("La hierba del diablo"/"El Pistolero"). Por lo que los únicos personajes centrales que aparecerían son..

Spoiler!  
    Roland, El hombre de Negro y Jake

Los demas personajes centrales seguramente los dejen para cuando hagan "The drawing of the three". Lo que me imagino es que van a tratar de testear como pega esta franquicia con el público contando la historia del primer libro (que es bastante autocontenida) y arrancar en modo "full-franquicia" a partir del segundo ya estableciendo el Ka-Tet.

Si todo sale bien, pido a Aaron Paul para hacer de Eddie Dean.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    196 Million PC Gamers worldwide
    We're not a hobby. We're a nation.

doble pivote Avatar de nicetoknowyou
    Registración
    Nov 2006

Años leyendo los libros, no me la imagino... no, no, no y me preocupa.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Top User 2012 Avatar de Spon
    Registración
    Aug 2002

esto va a ser un fail de aca a la china.... ya veo que para charly el chu chu firman contrado con:

Spoiler!  

HORRORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

- - - - Auto Merge - - - -

esto va a ser un fail de aca a la china.... ya veo que para charly el chu chu firman contrado con:

Spoiler!  

HORRORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Me gusta
    Me gusta
    --==##OSponO##==--

Registración
    Aug 2007

Confirmados los castings, por King en persona:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29...ew-mcconaughey

Esperemos que no la caguen. Si la hacen bien The Dark Tower puede ser el próximo gran fenómeno cinematográfico. A la altura de Lord of the Rings o Harry Potter (en lo que a alcance masivo se refiere). Eso si, van a tener que adaptar bastantes partes de los libros que son jodidas de llevar al cine. Pero les tengo fe por ahora.

Me parece que me voy a sentar a leer los libros de vuelta. Hay muchas cosas que no recuerdo.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    196 Million PC Gamers worldwide
    We're not a hobby. We're a nation.

Registración
    Aug 2002

nose si tanto exito... si la hacen bien no seria una saga para toda la familia... a menos que decidan cagarla... como siempre.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    --==##OSponO##==--

Registración
    Dec 2002

lo hecho hecho esta, ojaqla hagan una buena adaptacion , aparte si king no le molesta el morocho de protagonista, el tipo no tiene problema en decir las cosas que no les gusta en las adpataciones de sus libros, como por ejemplo el resplandor protagonizado por jack nichoson
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    kronoesculturas.blogspot.com

KRATOS ESCULTURA EN VENTA
    http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/compra-v...s-god-war.html

So tired! Avatar de Ikari-
    Registración
    Oct 2004

En 7 Semanas arrancan.

It’s happening. After years of false starts and rumors and tales from development hell and being juggled between movie studios like a hot shell casing, the adaptation of Stephen King‘s The Dark Tower is finally and officially about to go before cameras. For real. Here’s how official it is: King and director Nikolaj Arcel actually did the thing where they sit down with Entertainment Weekly and discuss the project at length. You don’t do that if the film is still a pipe dream. Coffee is for closers and EW profiles are for movies that are actually getting made.

Although they obviously can’t say too much, King and Arcel did discuss the film’s timeline, its leading men, the possibility of a companion television series, and whether or not the most famous line of all King’s canon would make it into the adaptation. It’s an oasis of information.

Most importantly, the Entertainment Weekly piece confirms that The Dark Tower will begin filming in seven weeks in South Africa and that Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey are finally and officially on board. The film currently has a planned release date of January 13, 2017.

For those who are unaware of The Dark Tower, just know this: King’s seven novel “magnum opus” (eight if you include the companion book The Wind Through the Keyhole) follows Roland the gunslinger, a tortured and tormented knight-of-sorts who wanders a post-apocalyptic wasteland in search of the the structure that stands at the nexus of time and space. Although he begins his journey alone, he is eventually joined by his “Ka-Tet,” men and women from other times and places who are drawn to him and become his allies. Through it all, the evil sorcerer known as The Man in Black as a dozen other names races Roland to that final destination.

It’s a wild blend of science fiction, horror, fantasy, adventure, and western, somehow connecting every novel King has ever written into a fascinating multiverse. Even when it goes off the rails on occasion, it’s a work of profound imagination.

And yes, the Entertainment Weekly interview does reveal that the film will begin as the first book, The Gunslinger, did, with the most famous line King ever wrote: “The man in black fled across the desert and gunslinger followed.” King told EW that he pushed for this to happen:
    It should start that way. I’ve been pretty insistent about that.
    In fact, as this interview was posted, King took to Twitter to confirm the film’s official green light and cast and did so with this quote, which he hasn’t been shy about calling his favorite line of prose in any of his books:

It's official: The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed. #DarkTowerMovie @McConaughey @IdrisElba
    — Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 1, 2016
    With that piece of fan service squared away, King and Arcel took a moment to delve into certain aspects of the adaptation that may rub some fans the wrong way. Specifically, it won’t be a straight forward adaptation of the first book. As King says:

[The movie] starts in media res, in the middle of the story instead of at the beginning, which may upset some of the fans a little bit, but they’ll get behind it, because it is the story.
    And Arel chimes in with:
    A lot of it takes place in our day, in the modern world.
    Are you suddenly getting Masters of the Universe vibes? After all, that ill-fated adaptation kept its budget in check by transporting most of its action out of a colorful fantasy world and into modern times as a cost-saving measure. Since the bulk of the Dark Tower series takes place in various dimensions and worlds and features robots and mutants and magic and impossible locations, this can’t help but feel like a slight letdown. Then again, future sequels could widen the scope if the first film goes well.

In any case, this quote makes it sound like the first film will dive straight into the events of The Drawing of the Three and The Wastelands, the second and third books in the series that partially take place on Earth as we know it thanks to some fancy dimension-jumping. Since these are the books where the Dark Tower mythology really starts to gel, it’s a decision that makes sense – the first book is all mystique and mood without much in the way of story.

The author and director also talked about the casting for the film, and despite the virulent online racism that accompanies the casting of any person of color in a role that was traditionally viewed as white (King originally envisioned Roland as Clint Eastwood back in the day), both stood by Idris Elba’s casting. Because, well, it’s fine casting. Other than a total racist buffoon, who could say no to Elba playing a grizzled cowboy from an alternate reality? Here’s Arcel:

For me, it just clicked. He’s such a formidable man. I had to go to Idris and tell him my vision for the entire journey with Roland and the ka-tet. We discussed, who is this character? What’s he about? What’s his quest? What’s his psychology? We tried to figure out if we saw the same guy. And we absolutely had all the same ideas and thoughts. He had a unique vision for who Roland would be.
    King and Arcel also spoke about Matthew McConaughey’s casting as the Man in Black, a character who is not only Roland’s nemesis, but the grand villain of the entire Stephen King universe, tormenting characters in The Stand and The Eyes of the Dragon. Arcel again:
    He is this timeless sorcerer, and being a Stephen King fan, I’ve read and experienced Walter in various iterations. He has a very interesting way of seeing the world. He sees it with a sort of delight, even though he is obviously on the wrong side of the light-and-dark spectrum. He’s someone I’ve been having a lot of fun with.
    And finally, the article touches on earlier versions of this film, back from when Ron Howard was going to direct, Javier Bardem was going to star, and the film series would be accompanied by a companion television series. Although those plans fell through, King says that the success of the film series may very well revive that concept. In fact, they’re intentionally omitting the flashbacks to Roland’s younger days so that material can exist for a potential series:

They’re still holding on to this idea that they can do a TV series, and they’ve got it pegged for that.
    Since the fourth book, Wizards and Glass, takes place almost entirely in the past, this isn’t such a crazy plan. There are many Young Roland adventures that can be told, enough to fill out a few seasons of TV.

If you want to know more (and there is a lot more), make sure you check out the full interview. In the meantime, we can just sit back and be happy that this movie is finally coming to fruition. Well, we can be happy for about five seconds before it’s time to start worrying about how they could possibly screw it up. But allow yourself some rest and relaxation for now. Feel free to lose your mind when the first set photos start to arrive.

UPDATE: Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey took to Twitter to have some fun with this news.

@McConaughey you have one new follower. #DarkTowerMovie https://t.co/5fSKF02C7I

— Idris Elba (@idriselba) March 1, 2016

.@idriselba come and get me, I look forward to it. #DarkTowerMovie https://t.co/4gxqm2GPo3

— Matthew McConaughey @McConaughey) March 1, 2016
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "Y, a pesar del odio y la aversión a la guerra, no quisiera verme privado del recuerdo de aquellos primeros días durante el resto de mi vida: miles, cientos de miles de hombres sentían como nunca lo que más les hubiera valido sentir en tiempos de paz: que eran parte de un todo"

Stefan Zweig

Registración
    Sep 2010

Idris Elba es un actorazo.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Aug 2002

por ahi lo pueden pintar de rosado y ponerles lentes de contacto
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    --==##OSponO##==--

Registración
    Oct 2004

‘The Dark Tower’ Casts Tom Taylor as Jake Chambers

I’m not actually going to believe that a movie based on Stephen King‘s The Dark Tower actually exists until I’m sitting in a theater and the lights go down and I’m actually watching Matthew McConaughey flee across the desert while Idris Elba follows. Until then, I’m going to treat this whole thing with a healthy amount of skepticism – once you’ve been burned, you know not to get too excited about the new stove.

In any case, director Nikolaj Arcel‘s science fiction and horror-tinged fantasy epic has just recruited another new actor. The mostly unknown Tom Taylor will play Jake Chambers, the 12-year old boy who finds himself drawn into the world of Roland Deschain the Gunslinger and proceeds to develop a strong bond with Elba’s wandering warrior. And since this is a Stephen King story, he has a really, really rough time.

The news of Taylor’s casting was initially reported by Variety, who note that the young actor won the part after a worldwide search. This must have been a tricky role to cast, as Jake Chambers is not a typical child sidekick. In King’s novels, this character endures some pretty serious physical and emotional hell while also serving as a source of newfound hope and humanity for his newfound father figure. Going with an unfamiliar faces was probably the wisest movie here, as Taylor won’t bring any baggage to this part.

Beyond that, details are scarce. Taylor only has a few credits on his IMDB page and all of them are in television. He’s appeared in episodes of Doctor Foster, Legends, and The Last Kingdom, all of which aired in 2015. In other words, you probably haven’t seen him in anything before.

Taylor joins as cast that already includes Elba as the central hero, Roland the last Gunslinger who journeys across time and space to protect the Dark Tower, the center of all creation. McConaughey plays the Man in Black, a scheming wizard and Roland’s nemesis. Mad Max: Fury Road actress Abbey Lee has also been cast in the film, but her role appears to have been created specifically for the film version.

With Taylor cast, the heroes of the Dark Tower series are almost fully assembled. Rumors have been flying fast and furious that Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul is up for the role of Eddie Dean, a junkie who finds a second chance at life when he joins Roland’s quest, but nothing has been confirmed. Meanwhile, the rumor mill has been quiet on Susannah, the wheelchair-bound activist who is drawn into the adventure.

The Dark Tower, which is expected to draw its storyline from a few of King’s books, is set to open on February 17, 2017.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "Y, a pesar del odio y la aversión a la guerra, no quisiera verme privado del recuerdo de aquellos primeros días durante el resto de mi vida: miles, cientos de miles de hombres sentían como nunca lo que más les hubiera valido sentir en tiempos de paz: que eran parte de un todo"

Stefan Zweig

Registración
    Feb 2006

A ver (lo pongo en spoiler porque voy a hablar de una escena concreta de los libros)

Spoiler!  

Cuando Sussanah está con la personalidad de Detta, que no se quiere juntar con Roland porque es blanco, piensa que la quieren matar porque ella es negra y planea matar a Roland y a Eddie por ser blancos, y todo eso, ¿cómo carajo lo van a hacer?

Capaz que lo hacen por Eddie solo, pero no se...
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Aug 2009

O no lo van a hacer, o van a ir por el tema de a personalidad. Después ds todo, Roland ni siquiera es del planeta tierra.

Una mierda, sí. Pero bueno, "no hay que ser racistas".

Enviado desde mi móvil vía 3DG App.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Citar Mensaje original enviado por Gipsy Danger Ver Mensaje
    Esto es la master race, pasar todo un sabado tirando benchmarks para ver quien tiene el pito mas grande en internet

Registración
    Aug 2002

por ahi van por el lado del feminismo que esta de moda ahora( cazafailtasmas)... y hacen que detta rechaze a los otros por ser hombres...

si la vamos a cagar.... caguemosla bien... no?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    --==##OSponO##==--

Registración
    Oct 2004

Empezó el rodaje!

THE DARK TOWER movie is filming; IT begins soon. Pretty cool.

http://www.slashfilm.com/dark-tower-movie-filming/
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Stefan Zweig

Registración
    Aug 2002

que miedo que me da todo esto

deberia alegrarme que algo de SK me de miedo.... pero no puedo
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    --==##OSponO##==--

16. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 2116