Opeth to Release 'In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall' DVD This September
As part of the ongoing celebration of their 20th anniversary, Swedish progressive metallers OPETH will release live footage and audio from the band's recent performance at London's famed Royal Albert Hall. "In Live Concert at the Royal Albert Hall", due on September 21 via Roadrunner Records, is a fierce testament to OPETH's continued success in the progressive metal community.
Twenty years and nine records into their legendary career, OPETH's "progressively creative spirit" (ARTISTdirect) remains unwavering, propelling the band through the "Evolution XX: An Opeth Anthology" tour, which brought the Swedish titans to six of the world's most unique venues, and now, with the release of "In Live Concert At The Royal Albert Hall", into the homes of their fans.
The performance at the Royal Albert Hall (recorded on April 5, 2010) includes two sets, the first consisting of the band performing 2000's now-classic, breakthrough epic "Blackwater Park" in its entirety, and the second, a chronologically arranged selection of material from the rest of OPETH's extensive catalogue, totalling almost three hours of music. It is, like the rest of OPETH's greatest work, "purposefully warped in all the right places" (Decibel). The front cover artwork concept pays tribute to DEEP PURPLE's "Concerto for Group and Orchestra", underlining the band's longstanding love for their prog-rock roots.
Thinking back to the concert, frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt says "OPETH had a magical night playing the Royal Albert Hall. It was a dream come true, and now afterwards, it still feels like a dream. We got it all on film, and this, our third live recording and DVD, might be my personal favourite.
"One couldn't help to think of all the fantastic artists that played there over the years. Looking back at this night of celebration brings me fond memories of our 20th anniversary — this package is the delayed birthday present."
The release will be available as three very special configurations:
01. Limited-edition vinyl box set, which includes:
* Double-DVD set of OPETH's performance at the legendary Royal Albert Hall, in its entirety, including bonus features.
* A set of four 180-gram LPs of the concert's live audio in its entirety. The vinyl is housed in black poly lined inner sleeves which are packaged as two double gatefold set with exclusive artwork. Vinyl only available in this box set.
* Exclusive, numbered lithograph with artwork designed by Mikael Åkerfeldt and long time OPETH designer Travis Smith.
* 20-page, LP sized booklet printed on coated paper stock that chronicles the night's events in photos.
* Expanded, exclusive artwork and more.
02. Five-disc set that consists of two DVDs and three CDs. The set not only includes the legendary evening captured on video, but the concert's live audio in its entirety as well.
03. Double-DVD set of OPETH's performance at the legendary Royal Albert Hall, in its entirety, including bonus features.
The concert feature will have 5.1 Dolby Surround, produced and mixed by Jens Bogren on all three configurations. The bonus features consist of a 45 minute ´fan questions´ interview and 45 minute documentary named ´On Tour with Opeth´.
Track listing is as follows:
* The Leper Affinity
* The Drapery Falls
* Dirge For November
* The Funeral Portrait
* Patterns In The Ivy
* Blackwater Park
* Forest Of October
* April Ethereal
* The Moor
* Hope Leaves
* Harlequin Forest
* The Lotus Eater