Technical Specialist Analytics & BI Services
Technical Specialist has responsibilities within a team of L3 and engineering technical staff that engineer, support various application platform services across a range of business portfolios. This individual will support the end-to-end aspects of services under their remit including but not limited to service engineering, L3 break/fix support, service roadmaps and standards, vendor management, and budget management. Other responsibilities include ensuring stability for application platforms and/or services under their responsibility including resolution of incidents and problems, maintenance and support, application platform change control, and automation of processes and procedures. This individual will work closely with other teams within EY to drive technology standards and consistency across IT Services.
Essential Functions of the Job:
(Identify and describe essential functions, or primary duties and responsibilities. Assume that the reader does not know the role or function of the job.) • Participate in the co-design of business line applications to enable optimum performance within service infrastructure
• Execution of process engineering and operational improvement initiatives including automation tooling
• Input into service life cycle and service levels including development of service technology roadmaps
• Provide input into product selection and standards, design, and certification
• Resolve and act as escalation and coordination point for L3 and L4 incidents and problems related to affected services
• Root cause analysis and service improvement solutions
• Execution of application and/or platform changes, releases, and service requests in supported environments.
• Execution of application environment tasks as required for incident resolution
• Liaise with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve major incidents.
• Respond to automated alerts on the health of systems.
• Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of application environments.
• Performing audits and analysis of application environments for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
• Identifying dependencies and pre-requisites for the solution and validation of non-functional attributes of the application environment design.
• Integrating new infrastructure services based on designs, and participating in automation, consolidation, and centralization projects.
• Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
• Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Demonstrable intermediate to advanced knowledge of key analytical products such as Spotfire, Tableau, IBM SPSS
• Demonstrable advanced scripting knowledge with Powershell
• Demonstrable intermediate to advanced knowledge of integration of such products in an enterprise environment
• Understanding of databases technologies i.e MSSQL, Sql Server Analysis Services, Hadoop within the context of analytical tools
• Demonstrable intermediate to advanced knowledge of operating systems and dependent platforms such as Windows, Linux, IIS, Tomcat.
• Understanding of n-Tier application environments in complex or enterprise level environments
• Understanding of various application, authentication and encryption protocols i.e. SSL, SOAP, LDAP, etc.
• In depth understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts
• Experience monitoring service capacity and processes to ensure maximum availability
• Experience integrating internal and public/ internet facing applications
• Familiarity with scheduled jobs and job monitoring tools such as Control-M
• Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
• Experience supporting applications, platforms, and/or services in clustered, federated, shared and/or virtual environments
• General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
Desired technical experience & qualifications
• Experience on automation and scripting surrounding the analytics tools listed above
• Experience implementing and supporting products on private/hybrid cloud
• Experience on SPLUNK
• Conceptual understanding of peripheral hardware such as load balancers, WAN optimizers, etc.
• Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis i.e. MS PerfMon, HP Openview
• Conceptual understanding of networking hardware (switches, routers, etc.)
• Experience working with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
(What is minimum number of years needed/suggested to perform this job?) Substantial, extensive and demonstrated experience in various aspects of technology support
• Approximately 3-5 years of related work experience in administration and support function for the technologies identified