Un software desarroyado por IBM decide que delincuente es peligroso para la sociedad

Discusión cerrada
Ir a 12 ÚltimaÚltima
    Requiem Avatar de Requiem
    Registración
    May 2003

Un software desarroyado por IBM decide que delincuente es peligroso para la sociedad

IBM desarroyo un software de predicciones que puede decir con anterioridad que delincuente va a volver a cometer un delito. Parece ser que el departamento de justicia juvenil puede usar este software para analizar que delincuente necesita un tratamiento especial y mas prolongado.

Florida Department of Juvenile Justice to Reduce Rate of Re-offenders with IBM Predictive Analytics

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SPSS, an IBM (NYSE: IBM - News) Company, today announced that the Florida State Department of Juvenile Justice selected IBM predictive analytics software to reduce recidivism by determining which juveniles are likely to reoffend. Identified at-risk youth can then be placed in programs specific to the best course of treatment to ensure offenders do not re-enter the juvenile justice system.

More than 85,000 youth enter the juvenile justice system in Florida each year for varying degrees of offenses – from drug abuse to robbery or property crimes. As each youth enters the system for a different reason and with varying backgrounds, the best program for positive rehabilitation is very specific – what may work for one juvenile may not work for another.

Mark Greenwald, chief of research and planning at the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice, said, “The State of Florida believes that if youth are rehabilitated with effective prevention, intervention and treatment services early in life, juveniles will not enter the adult corrections system. Our goal is to ensure juveniles do not return to the system. IBM SPSS predictive analytics will allow our organization to refine our current practice and better intervene in juvenile lives earlier to help them become — and stay — law abiding citizens.”

The organization selected IBM predictive analytics to improve its existing screening and placement process. With the new analytics system in place, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice will analyze key predictors such as past offense history, home life environment, gang affiliation and peer associations to better understand and predict which youths have a higher likelihood to reoffend.

With that information, the organization can more effectively place specific segments of juveniles into the best programs for rehabilitation. For example, juveniles identified as having a higher likelihood for re-offense can be placed in a more focused program, such as one that addresses issues on substance abuse or mental health, if appropriate to the need. Additionally, the organization will direct those youth with a lower chance of re-offense to a less restrictive program, again providing services better tailored to meet their rehabilitative needs.

Prior to predictive analytics, the organization used Excel for basic analysis on projections for the number of delinquency cases they would take in, which had limited functionality. They selected IBM SPSS predictive analytics due to the ease of use and the advanced analytic capabilities.

The organization will now utilize the new predictive analytics system as a component in many of the performance measurement analyses conducted and distributed to agency staff throughout the year. These reports assess the future of delinquency cases to evaluate what juvenile crime trends may look like in the immediate future. This information will help the organization to better plan and project staffing and other resource needs.

IBM recently also announced that the Ministry of Justice in the United Kingdom uses predictive analytics to assess the likelihood of prisoners reoffending upon their release to help improve public safety. With predictive technology from IBM, the Ministry of Justice is analyzing hidden trends and patterns within the data. IBM SPSS predictive analytics has helped identify whether offenders with specific problems such as drug and alcohol misuse are more likely to reoffend than other prisoners.

Deepak Advani, vice president of predictive analytics at IBM, said, “Predictive analytics gives government organizations worldwide a highly-sophisticated and intelligent source to create safer communities by identifying, predicting, responding to and preventing criminal activities. It gives the criminal justice system the ability to draw upon the wealth of data available to detect patterns, make reliable projections and then take the appropriate action in real time to combat crime and protect citizens.”

IBM has invested more than $12 billion to build an analytics portfolio which includes organic innovation and acquisitions. In addition, IBM has assembled 4,000 analytics consultants with industry expertise, and opened a network of seven analytics centers of excellence. Today, IBM is working with more than 250,000 clients worldwide on predictive analytics, including 22 of the top 24 global commercial banks, 18 of the world's top 22 telecommunication carriers and 11 of the top 12 U.S. specialty retailers.
    fuente: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Florid....html?x=0&.v=1
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Yo te vi jugar en la B
    Yo te vi perder con Boca Unidos
    Te vi llorar por la copa de verano

2. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 1365
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite
    Registración
    Sep 2006
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Un software desarroyado por IBM decide que delincuente es peligroso para la socie

Cagaron los asistentes sociales!!!
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Core i7 4790K + Maelstrom 240 | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 12GB 1600 GSkill | Crucial MX100 256GB + Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB + WD 500GB | 2 x Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Omega Core Edition | XFX 850W Black Edition | CoolerMaster 690II Advanced | LG 23MP55HQ | Logitech G402 | Corsair Strafe RGB

CROTOCULTURA Avatar de Gerli
    Registración
    Dec 2002

Re: Un software desarroyado por IBM decide que delincuente es peligroso para la socie

Lo que no dicen es que es una aplicación de Facebook....
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Jan 2003

La nota dice que usan SPSS, que es un soft famosisimo de estadistica, y es propiedad de ibm http://www.spss.com/

No que ibm calcula si sos peligroso o no

jaja, para mi seria publicidad negativa pero para ellos es positiva, hjajaja
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    BT | Tte. Gral. Peron
    BT - Primer y unico Tricampeon de BF1942 Argentina

Qué linda es la borrachera
    porque de todo me olvido,
    y hasta pienso en el patrón
    y me parece un amigo.

Registración
    May 2003

En varios sitios comparaban este software con la pelicula minority report y los precogs era bastante gracioso.

PD: Peron yo no dije que IBM calcula, sino que usan su software.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Última edición por Requiem : 16-04-10 el 05:48 PM
    Yo te vi jugar en la B

CROTOCULTURA Avatar de Gerli
    Registración
    Dec 2002

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Od. Ver Mensaje
    La nota dice que usan SPSS, que es un soft famosisimo de estadistica
    ¿Resuelve el tema de los dos hombres y los dos pollos...?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Smashing Avatar de --Buzzard--
    Registración
    Apr 2002

¿Y si se bugea?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Taquifago Avatar de El_Fibra
    Registración
    May 2008

Si lo puede hacer una persona porque no un soft?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "...nunca pude aprenderme mas alla del hache dos cero del agua, nunca pude pasar de eso..." - CFK

Registración
    Aug 2005

Jajja, esas noticias desinformadas..

btw, desarroLLado.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Sep 2003

Estos de IBM se pegaron una mirada a la serie Numb3rs seguro... porque ahí plantean este tema tooodo el tiempo.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Citar Mensaje original enviado por *AsTaRoTh*
    aguante al clitoris, solo sirve para placer, un grande xD
    Citar Mensaje original enviado por Dr.D vs Q Ver Mensaje
    Este no resulta más que otro thread berreta donde tratas de hacer calzar, a los martillazos, la realidad cuadrada en el agujero triangular de tu pedo cósmico.

<> Avatar de Vismund C.
    Registración
    Feb 2003

Jajaja, que boludes.

En especial eso de que el software "decide" que delincuente es peligroso para la sociedad.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Insert Coin Avatar de bicho64
    Registración
    Jun 2007

me hace acordar a esa pelicula con tom cruise no ? la que sabia que alguien iba a asesinar a alguien, o la de Van Dame que viajaba al pasado...

En fin, creo que es imposible que funcione bien.....

me suena mas a campaña marketinera de ibm
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Espacio en alquiler

Registración
    May 2003

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Dem0 Ver Mensaje
    Jajaja, que boludes.

En especial eso de que el software "decide" que delincuente es peligroso para la sociedad.
    El titulo es amarillista y queria darle un toque ironico a esto, ya que la idea de que un software diga que delincuente pueda llegar a reincidir me parece una pelotues. Pense que no hacia falta explicarlo....
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Yo te vi jugar en la B

... Avatar de Zeke77
    Registración
    Jan 2007

No lo vieron a Lombroso por ahí?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    HEAD FLEXPOINT RADICAL TOUR 363grs tuned by X-Tenis - SIGNUM PRO PLASMA® PURE 58lbs

“Gobernar es el arte de crear problemas con cuya solución mantener a la población en vilo.” Ezra Pound

Registración
    Dec 2003

• Me gusta
    Me gusta

• Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 1365
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite
  • Discusión cerrada
    Ir a 12 ÚltimaÚltima