HERE ARE THE FACTS:
1. In the beginning of the movie he shoots the cat after it makes a SOUND.
2. At 4:45 he BANGS HIS BAG onto the car with the skeleton to FEEL that there is something there, then he FEELS the skeletons leg down to its foot to tell if it has shoes.
3. At 7:15 he SMELLS the air and moves towards the direction of the dead body.
4. On his way to the dead body he walks right into the table which is plainly in sight.
5. He then jumps back from the body not from shock of seeing a dead person but because the doors break off.
6. Eli then FEELS down the dead body's leg to FEEL if he has boots on.
7. He sits and reads (I use the term loosely) the Bible with his eyes closed.
8. He continues to keep trying to play his iPod even though the low batt symbol is visible.
9. He is awaken by feeling the HEAT of the sun on his face.
10. He uses the feeling of the sun on his face to tell which direction to head in
11. At 12:15 he looks directly up at the sun, without sunglasses, and his eyes are clearly dilated. (I've frozen this frame on my computer and zoomed in to confirm this and it was intentionally done by the director since Denzel, in real life, could not control the dilation of his eyes unless he used drops).
12. He SMELLS the hijackers.
13. When walking down the overhead highway he kicks rocks and that is how he knows the road is out.
14. At 23:05 when he lights the Zippo to trade, he guides his hand over the flame to FEEL that it is lit.
15. In the gun fight he waits until he HEARS the bullets wiz by him or footsteps to HEAR where the enemy is before firing back.
16. He hears the bird flapping its wings over head to gauge its direction and speed before shooting it.
17. At 1:13:50 on the way to the cannibals house you hear Eli make a clicking sound (echo location) he then KICKS the first step to confirm it's there.
18. After falling into the front door trap the old man says "Didn't you SEE the no trespassing sign?" to which he replies he didn't.
19. He says nothing about the graves out back at the cannibals house until the old people and Solara speak about it first.
20. He SMELLS the sea air nearing the coast.
21. At 1:33:50 he makes a clicking noise (echo location) on the Golden Gate Bridge right before Solara brakes and almost drive off it.
Here are the links to the short film I spoke about in the beginning, basically showing he was a regular guy before the war:
I think the true argument on this site should be that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a braille Bible to be that small. It would of been as big as Eli.