Prometheus (Spoilers Inside) OJO!!!

Responder
  1. Avatar de SkorpioN
    Registración
    Feb 2003

Re: ALIEN (Nueva Produccion) Ridley Scott

Spoilers de lo que serían los primeros 15 minutos:

Spoiler!  SPOILERS  
    So, we’ve just been lucky enough to see a chunk of Prometheus footage, followed by a Q&A hosted by Empire Magazine’s Chris Hewitt and featuring direct Ridley Scott and stars Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron, at press event held by 20th Century Fox in London’s Leicester Square.

The footage lasted about 15-20 minutes, and consisted of mainly of completed scenes, both extensions of bits we’ve seen in the various trailers, and new stuff, before merging into what seems to be a slightly modified version of the International trailer footagethat we have all seen by now. Before the screening began, we were told that we were the first people outside Fox to see the footage.

The following descriptions come from my hastily scribbled (in the dark) notes, and memory, so my apologies in advance if they seem a bit disjointed.

The footage opens on the Isle of Skye in the year 2089(?) and is a longer version of the opening of the International trailer, with Shaw and Holloway on an archaeological dig and uncovering the pictogram/constellation we have seen already.

Cut to the year 2093, and the Prometheus glides through space. David the android walks alone on the ship, which suddenly judders to a halt – it appears to have reached its destination.

David goes to the bridge and fires up all the systems before going to wake the crew from stasis, only to find that Vickers (Theron) is already up and finishing what looks like a punishing exercise regime. Ever the hard-nosed business woman, her only question to David is ‘did anyone die?’

After seeing the crew recuperating from their hypersleep, including some copious vomiting from Shaw, we cut to the Prometheus’s hanger. Here we see a hologram video message from Peter Welyand, recorded in 2091. If you are watching this now, he says, “I’ll be dead, may I rest in peace”. He uses his recording to introduce Shaw and Holloway and they then give their talk shown in the trailers, though extended here. To paraphrase – “The constellation shown in the pictograms was so far away that the there is no way the civilisations that appear to have made them could have known about it, but we do. We know it has a sun, and we know it has an Earth-like planet. And this is where we are now.”

That planet is LV-223.

Next we get some new shots of the Prometheus landing, and an extremely clear shot of the ‘mountain’ structure previously glimpsed. Now, while we have said that this reminds us of the work that Giger did for an abandoned adaptation of Dune (see below), in the shot here it’s unmistakeable. It’s missing the ‘arms’, but the ‘head’ and face are clearly visible in profile.

Here’s where we cut back to more familiar ground, consisting mostly of the international trailer footage with maybe a few tweaks here and there, though nothing real note.

I have to say it was all very impressive. The footage looked fantastic – Scott has hit a visual home run on this one, without a doubt. I’m not a fan of 3D at all, but I must say it works well, not drawing attention to itself, but definately pulling you into the movie. This could be the movie that changes my mind about – well utilised – 3D. The old age makeup on Guy Pearce is also very well done. It may have been helped by the hologram VFX, or it could even be CGI-enhanced, but it looked very natural and didn’t interfere with his performance. I’m also now more convinced that ever that, despite the character saying otherwise, he is very much alive and more or less well when the Prometheus lands on LV-223, and that the images below do in fact show Weyland. Did he get to LV-223 before the Prometheus, and the crew find him there?

Next up was the Q&A. Empire’s Chris Hewitt took charge, as a few lucky audience members go to ask questions. We’ve been promised a full transcipt along with some clips of the session, so in the meantime here’s a few highlights I picked out, along with my thoughts.

Scott commented on what brought him back to the Alien universe – The sequels had not explored the biggest question – who was was the Space Jockey, why did he have that cargo, and where was he headed with it? The Alien sequels were “all jolly good, in one for or other”.

While the project started as an Alien prequel, the more he got involved in another story, the “less inclined I was” to connect it to Alien.

Noomi Rapace calls he character conflicted. Shaw is a scientist with a faith in God – her search for the origins of man-kind doesn’t lead where she expects.

Michael Fassbender didn’t rewatch Ian Holms or Lance Henkrikson’s performances, but instead looked to Blade Runner and Lawrence of Arabia amongst other for inspiration and clues for his performance. Scott said there is a lot of humour in David’s character – I did get a certain sense of deadpan wit Fassbender’s performance – and that we “are allowed to laugh”.

Theron said that Vickers starts the film as detatched and cold – I guess that will change – and is neither a believer or scientist, but is there for a personal reason – does she know that Weyland is on LV-223? Is she related to him?

Scott spent 4 and a half months working with production designer Arthur Max and his team before the film was even greenlit to get the designs locked down.

Scott was then asked a quesiton about the rating of the original Alien, but his answer was a more general one. Starting with a half-joking “I want a certificate that’s best for the box office”, he made a valid arguement that it’s in everyone’s interest to make a film that is as accessible to as big an audience as possible. After all, he pointed out, if a studio doesn’t make its money back, there are no movies. Even if a rubbish film is a hit, overall it’s a good thing. I have to say, as much as I’d like to see a full-on R/18 rated Prometheus, I understand completely that studios are running a business – Scott himself said is a director and a business man. Given that movies like The Woman in Black and The Hunger Games are pushing boundries at the lower rating, I don’t think we should be too worried if Prometheus ends up a PG-113/12A – after all, there’s always the likely uncut video release.

Scott promised that Rapace has a scene ‘equivalent’ to Alien’s chestburster, that no other actor was involved in.

Finally, touching on his use of 3D, Scott seemed to dismiss those who say it adds too much complexity to shooting. As a strong visual director, Scott says, he found 3D “pretty straightforward”.

Overall I came away very impressed. The look and feel of the footage we saw was excellent, while the director and stars seemed really enthusiastic about the film.

So what did we learn? Nothing massively earth shattering, though many peoples’ suspicions that the movie does not take place on LV-426 appear confirmed. Perhaps Scott’s regular comments that the last few minutes of the film will tie to Alien will see a change of location. Perhaps the ‘derelict’ we see crashing is not the same one that appears to be taking off when we see the giant ‘hanger doors’ open under Shaw’s feet in the trailers, and it’s this second ship that the crew of the Nostromo find?

As I said, we have been promised a full transcript of the chat, which will hopefully make a bit more sense, and we’ll get that online as soon as we have it!

Prometheus is directed by Ridley Scott, from a screenplay by Damon Lindelof and Jon Spaihts. The film stars Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Sean Harris, Rafe Spall, Logan Marshall-Green, Patrick Wilson and Kate Dickie, and is due for release on June 8th 2012 in the USA, and June 1st 2012 in the UK.

http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2...and-qa-report/
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Alien
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Aliens
    This time it's war.

Memorable quote
    Hicks: Where's Apone!?
    Hudson: The Sarge is gone, man! He's gone! Let's get the fuck outta here!

2. Avatar de Connor_MacLeod
    Registración
    Jul 2009

es raro...
    el primer contacto con ese humanoide se hace como un par de millones en el futuro desde nuestra creación ? mmm no me convence mucho.

delirio on: capas que es un simple humano del futuro que volvió para tratar de detener a los aliens de que lleguen a la tierra y extingan la raza humana.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Intel E7400 @ 4.1 / 4x2GB OCZ Plat / AMD HD6770 / Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128GB
    Seagate 2TB / Samsung 2233 - 21.1"

3. Avatar de BioG
    Registración
    Nov 2003

Citar Mensaje original enviado por kronosaurio Ver Mensaje
    ese que aparece en la catarata es un misterio, para mi es uno de los tripulantes humanos transformandose, pero de aca a que sea el spaceJ... no lo creo

cada vez estoy mas seguro que ese humanoide alto sea el lider y raza creadora de la especie humana , no se olviden de la esfinge gigante con rostro humano , osea que son nuestros "dioses" , que es lo que realmente buscan los cientificos de la nave Prometheus, y no se porque estos no son ostiles o que se yo, pero si que se arma flor de quilombo ... jeje
    ese humanoide del que hablas tiene otro nombre

empieza con Y y no me acuerdo
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Citar Mensaje original enviado por Tyl33r Ver Mensaje
    El otro pete al menos se queja de un problema real, el siente que "lo ven media hora antes" por que simplemente tiene un piquete en el cerebro, entre el ojo y la mano del mouse y ahi se genera el delay, pero lo tuyo inventando errores de hardware/software es bastante mas entretenido y curioso.

4. SEEEGAAAA! Avatar de Arma-X
    Registración
    May 2007

Spoiler!  GIF  

Spoiler!  GIF  
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

5. SEEEGAAAA! Avatar de Arma-X
    Registración
    May 2007

Spoiler!  Fotos  

• Me gusta
    Me gusta

6. Avatar de Connor_MacLeod
    Registración
    Jul 2009

me baje las 4 aliens en blueray wiii, salee mataron de alien xD

el humanoide en la silla se ve sarpado en A1, que grande Ridley, tiene mas de 30 años y es una espectáculo esa peli !

--

alguien sabe como funcionan estos aliens ? o sea, viendo la 1 me puse a pensar, de donde sale la reina ? y para que pone esos huevos que no sirven para nada si no hay algún ser vivo al rededor ?
    también me puse a pensar que esos bichos que salen de los huevos, solo servirían si su presa tiene una cabeza chica, un cuello y una boca por la cual empiece a crear el alien dentro, como si estuvieran diseñados para reproducirse con los humanos.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Última edición por Connor_MacLeod : 11-04-12 el 03:49 PM

7. Avatar de ShadowDrone
    Registración
    Jun 2001

yoooooooooooo creo que tus respuestas van a estarn en la peli, yo creo
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    sb.ShadowDrone°

8. Avatar de kronosaurio
    Registración
    Dec 2002

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Connor_MacLeod Ver Mensaje
    me baje las 4 aliens en blueray wiii, salee mataron de alien xD

el humanoide en la silla se ve sarpado en A1, que grande Ridley, tiene mas de 30 años y es una espectáculo esa peli !

--

alguien sabe como funcionan estos aliens ? o sea, viendo la 1 me puse a pensar, de donde sale la reina ? y para que pone esos huevos que no sirven para nada si no hay algún ser vivo al rededor ?
    también me puse a pensar que esos bichos que salen de los huevos, solo servirían si su presa tiene una cabeza chica, un cuello y una boca por la cual empiece a crear el alien dentro, como si estuvieran diseñados para reproducirse con los humanos.
    ciclo de vida

http://diariocopepodo.bitacoras.com/img/cicloalien.jpg

la reina alien puede salir tranquilamente de un huesped, osea que puede salir de este un alien esteril obrero , cuya funcion es buscar huespedes , una reina y un zangano cuya funcion es la reproduccion de la reina, osea que es casi parecido al ciclo de la abeja , pero sin huesped

abeja reina

..............nacen...........abejas obreras (son hembras infertiles)

..............nacen,,,,,,,,,,,,abejas zanganos (aunque no necesita que halla fecundacion para que se origine), no se si es asi , cuando inventaron el ciclo de los aliens

despues dicen que no hay zanganos , sino rey alien, pero en lo personal se desecha esta teoria porque en alien 4 , este no aparece, despues de todo la peli estaba ambientada en una nave espacial y no un planeta como alien2, cuyo alien rey pudo estar en cualquier lado , sin enfrentarce a ripley
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Última edición por kronosaurio : 11-04-12 el 07:25 PM
    kronoesculturas.blogspot.com

KRATOS ESCULTURA EN VENTA
    http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/compra-v...s-god-war.html

9. Avatar de Connor_MacLeod
    Registración
    Jul 2009

a ver no te entendí nada.
    vos decís que..

una reina, nace de cualquiera ? pero si ya hay una en los alrededores, solo nacen obreros ?
    la función del obrero no es buscar huéspedes, sino matar todo lo que se mueva o se vea como DANGER para la reina.

no se no se, algo me dice que no pusieron muchas neuronas al crear este alien, tal vez porque scott pesaban que no se iba a hacer una secuela, por ende no era necesario responder sobre los orígenes del bicho en cuestión...

--
    Spoiler!  Pija Larga / Cabeza de Pija  

como se llama el artista que creo estas cosas ?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Última edición por Connor_MacLeod : 11-04-12 el 06:20 PM

10. Avatar de kronosaurio
    Registración
    Dec 2002

la reina nace de cualquier huesped, en alien 3 nace de ripley al final del fim

los alien obreros, cumplen la funcion de cuidar ala reina y buscar huespedes victimas, esto ultimo se vio en alien 2 y en la version extendida de alien 1, osea que un alien no te mata si no lo ve necesario
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    kronoesculturas.blogspot.com

KRATOS ESCULTURA EN VENTA
    http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/compra-v...s-god-war.html

11. Avatar de Connor_MacLeod
    Registración
    Jul 2009

uh, yo vi la A1 directors cut y esa scena no aparecia, no se porque, me resulta raro, siendo un dato importante para conocer la biologia del alien.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

12. [!] Avatar de [Wasabi]
    Registración
    Apr 2006

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Connor_MacLeod Ver Mensaje
    a ver no te entendí nada.
    vos decís que..

una reina, nace de cualquiera ? pero si ya hay una en los alrededores, solo nacen obreros ?
    la función del obrero no es buscar huéspedes, sino matar todo lo que se mueva o se vea como DANGER para la reina.

no se no se, algo me dice que no pusieron muchas neuronas al crear este alien, tal vez porque scott pesaban que no se iba a hacer una secuela, por ende no era necesario responder sobre los orígenes del bicho en cuestión...

--
    Spoiler!  Pija Larga / Cabeza de Pija  

como se llama el artista que creo estas cosas ?
    Hr Giger
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

13. Avatar de Kantico
    Registración
    Apr 2007

La reina nace de cualquier huesped, pero de un huevo/facehugger en particular.

No está claro en la versión "normal", pero la reina de alien 2, se supone que para lo que ocurre en la 3, pone un solo huevo "especial", del que sale un facehugger tambien especial, que inocula una reina (a ripley) y un obrero (a un animal cuadrupedo, mera casualidad esto último).

A veces las versiones extendidas confunden... Yo veo el uncut de alien 1, y no sé si el bicho estaba buscando huespedes para una reina, o era una criatura autonoma y totalmente parasitaria. Hay una parte donde realmente parece haber convertido en "huevo" al cuerpo de uno de los tipo que atrapó (Creo que era el capitan Dallas).

En muchos comics hay xenomorphs gigantes, supongo que se van adaptando a los huespedes. Ponele que un facehugger no podria de 0 a 100 inocular a un tiranosaurio, pero si tras varias generaciones de reinas se van adaptando a huespedes progresivamente más grandes no veo por qué no (?)
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

14. Avatar de Connor_MacLeod
    Registración
    Jul 2009

sera que la reina se gesta cuando esta dentro de un cuerpo femenino ?
    y un obrero cuando esta en un hombre ?

--

algo interesante que encontré

Scott described basing the alien in nature; whatever the alien would drop onto, it would take on those characteristics (dropped onto a human, it would look like a human, dropped onto an ostrich, it looks like an ostrich). He described watching footage of “a slice of bark—which, in our terms, to a human being, would be about 12 feet thick—and there’s a grub underneath the bark, between the bark and the tree. There’s always a space between the bark and the tree. Across the top of the bark was this insect, which passes over the grub, stops, backs up, and “feels” the grub is there let’s say, the equivalent of 8 foot below you. It goes up on its hind legs, produces a needle from between its legs, and drills through the bark and bulls-eyes right into the grub and lays its seed, so that the grub becomes the host of the insect. And does what comes out of the union between the grub and the insect, does that become a version of both? That’s what we basically went along with.”
    source

• Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Última edición por Connor_MacLeod : 11-04-12 el 10:57 PM

15. SEEEGAAAA! Avatar de Arma-X
    Registración
    May 2007

Publicaron un diagrama de la USCSS Spaceship

• Me gusta