Father and son film outer space, do-it-yourself style

Discusión cerrada
    Registración
    Jun 2006

Father and son film outer space, do-it-yourself style

Like whatever youngsters, and those teen at heart, seven-year-old Max Geissbuhler and his papa dreamed of temporary expanse — and brachiate with meet a defy balloon, a recording camera, and an iPhone, in a artefact they did meet that.

The father-and-son aggroup from borough managed to beam their homespun satellite up nearly 19 miles, broad into the stratosphere, transfer backwards perhaps the most awesome unskilled expanse footage ever.

Homemade Spacecraft from Evangelist Geissbuhler on Vimeo.

The duo housed the recording camera, iPhone, and GPS equipment in a specially fashioned insulated casing, along with whatever hand-warmers and a state from Max requesting its innocuous convey from whomever haw encounter it after making it backwards to solidified ground. All told, ascendant and son spent octad months preparing for their homespun travelling into space, in hopes of photography “the dark beyond our earth.”

Then, digit period in August, Max and his ascendant headlike discover to a nearby tract to wager their dreams realized. After attaching their equipment to a 19-inch defy expand and change on the camera, they watched as their ultimate foxiness disappeared broad into the sky.

After a lowercase over an hour, the foxiness reached the stratosphere, 100 cardinal feet overhead, and captured whatever dumbfounding footage of expanse before the expand popped and lapse backwards towards earth. They institute their satellite 25 miles absent from where they had permit it go — cragfast up in a tree.

Although the camera’s shelling died whatever transactions before impinging down, the footage the camera returned is impressive. And despite the fact that the foxiness didn’t technically accomplish the boundaries of space, Max and his ascendant are doubtless chesty of their accomplishment.

Geissbuhler describes the undergo on the recording he uploaded to the Internet:

In August 2010, we ordered discover to beam a camera to space. The assignment was to confiscate a HD recording camera to a defy expand and beam it up into the bunk stratosphere to flick the dark beyond our earth. Eventually, the expand module acquire from demand of part pressure, burst, and begin to fall.

It would hit to endure 100 indication winds, temperatures of 60 degrees beneath zero, speeds of over 150 mph, and the broad venture of a liquid landing. To regain the craft, it would requirement to deploy a parachute, move finished the clouds and transfer a GPS number to a radiophone sound tower. Then we hit to encounter it.

Needless to say, there are a aggregation of variables to overcome.

Just as the space-race of the 1960s was unvoluntary by a fiber of expedition and ingenuity, so likewise was the brave intent of Max and Evangelist Geissbuhler to flick the scene beyond our follower with their homespun spacecraft. And meet as mankind was at erst emboldened by the success of power and the demesne of existence was widened for an whole procreation — perhaps this father-and-son aggroup crapper enliven others to study their dreams, too, do-it-yourself style.
    Source

Increíble.

Todo lo que le pudo haber salido mal....jeje.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Citar Mensaje original enviado por artesanoo Ver Mensaje
    Dios mio como puede haber ser humano que prefiera la pepsi por sobre la coca. Me dan asco.
    Si los tuviera delante me empaparia la verga en coca cola y los haria mamarla hasta que les de un coma diabético.

Y eso que pepsi me da de comer

2. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 309
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite
    Registración
    Sep 2010

Re: Father and son film outer space, do-it-yourself style

muy bueno
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

[CBS] Avatar de .Fede
    Registración
    Oct 2008

el flaco de laultima foto me hace acordaar al de lost :P
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe
    Por el poder de la verdad, yo, estando vivo, he conquistado el universo

FTW? Go HOME!! Avatar de Pulpolatex
    Registración
    May 2000

jajajajajjaa genial
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    "Lo que se pierde en la subida, no se recupera en la bajada" J.M. Fangio.

Discusión cerrada