Últimas noticias de Ciencias

Responder
Ir a 12345 ... ÚltimaÚltima
    Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Últimas noticias de Ciencias

Como hay noticias que no son tan importantes —pero sí interesantes– para merecer todo un thread, se arma un thread interesante para noticias no tan importantes.

Intenten:

• Poner fuente
    • Noticias extensísimas acortarlas en las partes menos relevantes

• Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Última edición por 9up! : 01-02-16 el 07:04 PM
    —How can entropy be reversed?
    —INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

2. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 4817
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite
    Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Re: Últimas noticias de Ciencias

New invention revolutionizes heat transport

Scientists at Aalto University, Finland, have made a breakthrough in physics. They succeeded in transporting heat maximally effectively ten thousand times further than ever before. The discovery may lead to a giant leap in the development of quantum computers.
    […]
    Heat conduction is a fundamental physical phenomenon utilized, for example, in clothing, housing, car industry, and electronics. Thus our day-to-day life is inevitably affected by major shocks in this field. The research group, led by quantum physicist Mikko Möttönen has now made one of these groundbreaking discoveries. This new invention revolutionizes quantum-limited*heat*conduction which means as efficient heat transport as possible from point A to point B. This is great news especially for the developers of quantum computers.

Möttönen's innovation may be utilized in cooling quantum processors very efficiently and so cleverly that the operation of the computer is not disturbed.
    […]
    In the QCD Labs in Finland, Möttönen's research group succeeded in measuring quantum-limited heat transport over distances up to a meter. A meter doesn't sound very long at first, but previously scientists have been able to measure such*heat transport*only up to distances comparable to the thickness of a human hair.
    […]
    The key idea in their research was to use photons to transfer the heat. Photons are particles that, for example, form the visible light. Previously scientists have used, for example, electrons as the heat carriers.

"We know that photons can transport heat overlong distances. In fact, they bring the heat of the Sun to the Earth", Möttönen says.

The team came up with the idea to use a transmission line with no electrical resistance to transport the photons. This superconducting line was built on a silicon chip with the size of a square centimeter. Tiny resistors were placed at the ends of the transmission line. The research results were obtained by measuring induced changes in the temperatures of these resistors.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Babylonians used surprising math leap to track Jupiter

A set of ancient Babylonian tablets that describe how to track Jupiter across the sky have revealed an astronomical technique 1,500 years ahead of its time.

A newly discovered tablet written in Babylonia's cuneiform script discusses calculating the position of Jupiter. When combined with four other tablets, it suggests that ancient Babylonians used a surprisingly modern technique to calculate how far the bright dot traveled through the sky over the course of months. Their process requires a leap in understanding in how position and speed relate to time, one that wouldn't appear again until 1350 and that was a precursor to modern calculus.

"This is familiar to any student of physics, or math or science," Mathieu Ossendrijver, an astroarchaeologist at Humboldt University of Berlin, told Space.com. But using time as a variable to calculate speed or distance has not been part of human culture forever. Using a graph to understand motion or speed over time is usually traced back to scholars in Oxford and Paris around 1350, and then to Isaac Newton, who developed integral calculus, Ossendrijver said. "What I now found is that this method was already invented in Babylonia more than 1,500 years earlier."
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Mar 2009

Me pareció muy interesante esta noticia porque hace reveer toda la historia de las matemáticas antiguas, en varios aspectos los babilonios estaban más adelantados que los griegos. Es una gran sorpresa.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Los cuervos saben que lo estás mirando esconder su comida.

Fears over surveillance seem to figure large in the bird world, too. Ravens hide their food more quickly if they think they are being watched, even when no other bird is in sight.

It’s the strongest evidence yet that ravens have a “theory of mind” – that they can attribute mental states such as knowledge to others.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Scientists Have Discovered Hundreds of Galaxies Hiding Behind the Milky Way

Turns out it was our own Milky Way that was blocking the view:

• Me gusta
    Me gusta

CROTOCULTURA Avatar de Gerli
    Registración
    Dec 2002

Como 800 y pico... increible.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Feb 2008

La noticia que mas auje ha causado hasta ahora es el descubrimiento ese de aquel planeta 9, aunque todavia no se ha confirmado si de verdad existe.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Es sólo copypasta, no se encontró nada y el paper de Caltech no dice eso.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

El que quiera habrá un liveblog dentro de una hora, supuestamente anunciando la detección de ondas gravitacionales.

Este Alberto no para de pegarla.

Youtube:
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Última edición por 9up! : 11-02-16 el 11:29 AM

Registración
    Dec 2002

Holy Shit! Scientists Have Confirmed the Existence of Gravitational Waves
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Mar 2009

Dónde está margii sosteniendo que la teoría de la relatividad general es sólo un "modelo teórico" y que no tiene casi aplicaciones?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Bela Lugosi Avatar de -Entalpia-
    Registración
    Feb 2009

Esto parece groso.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

El premio Nobel de física de este año, SIN DUDAS.

El paper, acá.

Upgraded LIGO detectors spot gravitational waves

First direct confirmation of a century-old prediction of general relativity.

Based on the details of the signal detected, the LIGO team estimates that the event that generated the gravitational waves occurred 1.3 billion years ago. That's when two black holes, one 29 times the mass of the Sun, the second 36 times, spiraled into each other. When the collision took place, the equivalent of three times the mass of the Sun was converted directly to energy and released in the form of gravitational waves. For a brief fraction of a second, this single event produced more power than the entire rest of the visible Universe combined.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Dec 2002

For a brief fraction of a second, this single event produced more power than the entire rest of the visible Universe combined.
    Pah.........!
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

17. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 4817
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite
Responder
Ir a 12345 ... ÚltimaÚltima