Últimas noticias de Ciencias

Responder
Ir a PrimeroPrimero ... 34567891011 ÚltimaÚltima
    Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Re: Últimas noticias de Ciencias

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Gerli Ver Mensaje
    ¿Resultados aleatorios es igual a resultados impredecibles?
    Quiere decir estocástico.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    —How can entropy be reversed?
    —INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Sé que en algún lado lo puse, no puedo encontrar dónde mierda era. Bueno.

CERN confirms: Hints of hypothetical particle have disappeared

Toward the end of last year, the people behind the Large Hadron Collider announced that they might have found signs of a new particle. Their evidence came from an analysis of the first high-energy data obtained after the LHC's two general-purpose detectors underwent an extensive upgrade. While the possible new particle didn't produce a signal that reached statistical significance, it did show up in both detectors, raising the hope that the LHC was finally on to some new physics.

This week, those hopes have officially been dashed. Physicists used a conference to release their analysis of the flood of data that came out of this year's run. According to their data, the area of the apparent signal is filled by nothing but statistical noise.

-------

The most powerful camera in deep space just sent 1,000 more pics back to Earth

It has now been nearly a decade since the HiRISE camera arrived in orbit around Mars and began taking high-resolution images of the Red Planet. Tucked aboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, HiRISE has a telescope aperture of 0.5 meter, making it the most powerful camera ever sent into deep space, with a maximum resolution of about 0.3 meter/pixel. This has allowed NASA to spy on its Curiosity and Opportunity rovers from space.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Mar 2006

We just got even weirder results about the 'alien megastructure' star

Last year, the world freaked out over the discovery of a star that was dimming and flickering so erratically, it couldn't be explained by any known natural phenomenon - prompting one scientist to actually go there and suggest it could be evidence of some kind of alien megastructure.

Follow-up studies have revealed no signs of alien behaviour, but NASA's Kepler Space Telescope has just spent around 1,600 days observing the star, and things have gotten a lot weirder.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

CROTOCULTURA Avatar de Gerli
    Registración
    Dec 2002

Suban el James Webb de una puta vez!!!!
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Mar 2006

IBM's Watson AI saved a woman from leukemia

IBM's Watson has done everything from winning at Jeopardy to cooking exotic meals, but it appears to have accomplished its greatest feat yet: saving a life. University of Tokyo doctors report that the artificial intelligence diagnosed a 60-year-old woman's rare form of leukemia that had been incorrectly identified months earlier. The analytical machine took just 10 minutes to compare the patient's genetic changes with a database of 20 million cancer research papers, delivering an accurate diagnosis and leading to proper treatment that had proven elusive. Watson has also identified another rare form of leukemia in another patient, the university says.

It'll likely take a long while before Watson and other AI systems are regularly providing advice at hospitals, and it won't be all that useful in situations without readily comparable data. We've asked the school for more details of what happened. However, the diagnoses show just how useful the technology could be in the medical world. Human doctors wouldn't have to spend ages sifting through research to identify an obscure disease, or hope that another hospital can offer insights -- they'd just plug in the right data and start the healing process.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Confirmados.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

CROTOCULTURA Avatar de Gerli
    Registración
    Dec 2002

Estaba leyendo una nota que dice que es mas facil para tecnologias muy avanzadas el "encender" planetas supergaseosos y transformarlos en mini-estrellas antes que crear esferas Dyson.
    Tiene... sentido ¿No?
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

Registración
    Jun 2006

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Gerli Ver Mensaje
    Estaba leyendo una nota que dice que es mas facil para tecnologias muy avanzadas el "encender" planetas supergaseosos y transformarlos en mini-estrellas antes que crear esferas Dyson.
    Tiene... sentido ¿No?
    Eso pasa con Jupiter en la secuela de 2001 space odyssey asi que yo digo que si jaja

Ya hablaron del acelerador de particular Chino por acá?? que bueno que estén a full queriendo romper records por todos lados con respecto a la Ciencia estos muchachines. La noticia es vieja, pero yo recién me entero :S
    http://www.sciencealert.com/china-s-...ize-of-the-lhc
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

chabon loco, bien ... Avatar de Rodd
    Registración
    Mar 2011

No quería hacer un tret nuevo, así que lo pongo acá.

wtf is crispr?

Como me gustan estos videitos
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

10. Avatar de Amadeo.
    Registración
    Mar 2006

Citar Mensaje original enviado por Rodd Ver Mensaje
    No quería hacer un tret nuevo, así que lo pongo acá.

wtf is crispr?

Como me gustan estos videitos

Va a dejar de ser ciencia ficción.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

11. Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Scientists to unveil new Earth-like planet: report

Scientists are preparing to unveil a new planet in our galactic neighbourhood which is "believed to be Earth-like" and orbits its star at a distance that could favour life, German weekly Der Spiegel reported Friday.

The exoplanet orbits a well-investigated star called Proxima Centauri, part of the Alpha Centauri star system, the magazine said, quoting anonymous sources.

"The still nameless planet is believed to be Earth-like and orbits at a distance to Proxima Centauri that could allow it to have*liquid wateron its surface—an important requirement for the emergence of life," said the magazine.

"Never before have scientists discovered a second Earth that is so close by," it said, adding that the European Southern Observatory (ESO) will announce the finding at the end of August.

The report gave no further details.

Contacted by AFP, ESO spokesman Richard Hook said he is aware of the report, but refused to confirm or deny it. "We are not making any comment," he said.

NASA has announced the discovery of new planets in the past, but most of those worlds were either too hot or too cold to host water in liquid form, or were made of gas, like our Jupiter and Neptune, rather than of rock, like Earth or Mars.

Last year, the US space agency unveiled an exoplanet that it described as Earth's "closest-twin".

Named Kepler 452b, the planet is about 60 percent larger than Earth and could have active volcanoes, oceans, sunshine like ours, twice as much gravity and a year that lasts 385 days.

But at a distance of 1,400 light-years away, humankind has little hope of reaching this Earth-twin any time soon.

In comparison, the exoplanet orbiting Proxima Centauri, if confirmed, is just 4.24 light-years away.

This is a mere stepping stone in relation to the scale of the Universe but still too far away for humans to reach in present-generation chemical rockets.

According to NASA's Godard Space Center's website, it lies 39,900,000,000,000 kilometres away, or 271,000 times the distance of Earth to the Sun.

Proxima Centauri, discovered in 1915, is one of three stars in the Alpha Centauri system, a constellation mainly visible from the southern hemisphere.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

12. Avatar de Radmofo
    Registración
    Dec 2014

Che, al final lo de Mochizuki no era tan humo. Hicieron otro workshop hasta ahora, pudieron comprenderlo con su ayuda (a los papers que publico) y les esta gustando....

Que sarpado.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

13. Avatar de Harry Haller
    Registración
    Mar 2009

Qué cosa leíste? Posteala en el hilo correspondiente.
    Lejos se está de corroborar lo que publicó.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

14. Alt+C4 Avatar de 9up!
    Registración
    Jun 2014

Search is on for 'golden spike' signaling start of Anthropocene

A working group of planetary scientists is set to formally address the 35th International Geological Congress this month on the issue of whether to declare that the Earth has entered a new geological epoch—the Anthropocene. If an agreement is reached that will likely set off a search for a "golden spike" to serve as the official start date. If all goes according to plan, there could be a formal declaration by the International Union of Geological Sciences as soon as two years from now.

Earth scientists have been arguing for several years that a variety of human activities have altered the planet to such an extent that we have entered a new epoch—one that likely started sometime in the mid-20th century. They point to the rise in global temperatures that has occurred during a period when the planet's natural cycle would have given us cooler temperatures, the huge number of extinctions of plants and animals and the massive amounts of nitrogen fertilizers and pesticide components that have made their way to the oceans of the world. There is also so much plastic now that reminders of it will remain in rock formations for thousands if not millions of years—and there are also radioactive particles in soil across the globe from the nuclear testing that was conducted in the 1950s. The name for the new epoch has been credited to Paul Crutzen, who used the term a decade and a half ago to describe the scale of human changes to our planet—"anthropo" for "man" and "cene" for "new."

Declaring the planet to be in a new epoch would put an end to the Holocene, an epoch that began with the ending of the last major ice age approximately 10,000 years ago.
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta

15. Avatar de ArzenaTh
    Registración
    Jan 2009

Qué triste. Quizás la última época de la vida

/tapa
    • Me gusta
    Me gusta
    Does anybody remember laughter?

16. Compartí este Tema:
    • Vistas: 4857
    Seguí este Tema: Suscribite